FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare ABSNC certificate of added qualification.
1. What do I get once I successfully pass all levels?
You will be able to have this certificate of added qualification, EBP-C, for a period of 5 years. A reminder to renew will be sent to you before that time. Individuals who successfully complete this certificate of added qualification are entitled to state that they hold a certificate from the Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare. The added knowledge, skills and attitudes that you, as a certificate holder, have achieved, will prepare you to serve in leadership roles within healthcare and academic institutions to lead the adoption and implementation of evidence-based practice concepts to strengthen quality healthcare.
2. How much will the certificate of added qualification cost?
a. The certificate application and testing fees will total $475.*
b. Fuld Institute for EBP 5-day immersion participants, within 5 years of immersion completion, will have a fee of $395.
c. The price is a two-part fee. An initial fee of $200 allows submission of registration and educational content for component one. Upon educational content acceptance, successful candidates will be prompted to pay the balance before component two is made available.
3. How long will getting this certificate of added qualification take?
a. The entire process could take you about a month from registration through completion.
b. You could have up to 2.6 years to complete if needed. This allows for a resubmission of coursework items and of portfolio items, and up to three attempts on the knowledge test.
4. What are the required components for the certificate of added qualification?
There are 3 components:
a. Coursework proof
b. Review of a video module on the current status of EBP and a knowledge test
c. Portfolio submission for review
5. EBP programs for the coursework component could be:
a. The Fuld Institute for EBP 5-day immersion (formerly the CTEP 5-day immersion)
b. Similar program or a graduate level course on EBP
6. What qualifications would make me eligible to apply for the EBP-C?
You will need to provide:
- CE or completion certificate or transcript with your name, dates of attendance or date the certificate was received (within last 5 years or less) and grade or continuing education hours, if appropriate
- Content via schedule, agenda or syllabus
- Attestation from an EBP instructor that you completed this course
- Demographic information
- Portfolio of a prospective evidence-based practice change project, an evidence-based quality improvement project, or a retrospective project completed in the past two years, including all the steps of the EBP process:
o Cultivating a spirit of inquiry and EBP culture/Identifying a clinical practice change.
o Creating a PICO(T) question/clinical question that guides the practice change project.
o Searching for the evidence.
o Appraisal, evaluation, and synthesis of the evidence.
o Integrating evidence into decision-making for the EBP change.
o Creating an Implementation & evaluation plan for the EBP change.
o Creating a dissemination & sustainability plan for EBP change.
7. What software and hardware will I need to complete the certificate of added qualification?
To successfully complete this certificate of added qualification, you will need access to a computer or laptop that stores work and meets the following minimum requirements related to:
o Win7 or higher/Mac 10.9 or higher
o Internal or external web cam
o Internal or external microphone
o Cable or high speed internet access
o Microsoft Office - Word
o Microsoft Office - PowerPoint
o Adobe Acrobat reader
o Google Chrome browser is required for taking the EBPKnowledgeTest: https://www.google.com/chrome/
o Proctorio Chrome Extension found here: https://getproctorio.com/
o More details related to minimum computing requirements for the EBP Knowledge Test can be found here:https://proctorio.com/system-requirements
Still have questions, contact us at email@example.com