About Fuld Institute for EBP
In 2016, The Ohio State University College of Nursing received a $6.5 million gift from the Helene Fuld National Health Trust to create the Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice (EBP) in Nursing and Healthcare. The Fuld Institute for EBP is a national hub for the formation, teaching and dissemination of best practices to improve healthcare quality, safety, costs and patient outcomes. Its cores include transdisciplinary clinical practice, academics, community education and EBP implementation science.
Ohio State’s Center for Transdisciplinary Evidence-based Practice (CTEP), which created the foundation for the Fuld Institute, has been leading the way in disseminating and teaching best practices to healthcare providers and academics since 2011. Check out what we are doing now.
A leader in driving evidence‐based decision making to transform health and improve lives throughout the world
We dream, discover and deliver a healthier world through transdisciplinary education, research and policy focused on evidence‐based decision making
- Improve healthcare quality, safety, costs and patient outcomes through ensuring all clinicians consistently have the tools to engage in evidence‐based decision making
- Work with faculty across the nation to integrate EBP throughout academic curricula to produce the highest caliber of evidence‐based clinicians
- Equip nursing and health sciences professional students with the needed skills and knowledge to implement and sustain EBP
- Provide policy‐makers and healthcare organizations the best and latest evidence to inform legislation and organizational policies to optimize system and health outcomes throughout the nation
- Conduct research on EBP, including the best models and strategies for translating research into real‐world practice settings to improve healthcare quality and outcomes
- Provide consumers with the best and latest evidence to make decisions that optimize their health and wellbeing
- Innovate new solutions to healthcare and health challenges based upon evidence
- Recruit and retain high quality experts in EBP to sustain the Institute’s mission and vision
- Partner with organizations, agencies and healthcare systems throughout the nation and globe to advance evidence‐based decision making