About Fuld Institute for EBP
In 2016, The Ohio State University College of Nursing received a $6.5 million gift from the Helene Fuld National Health Trust to create the Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice (EBP) in Nursing and Healthcare. The Fuld Institute for EBP is a national hub for the formation, teaching and dissemination of best practices to improve healthcare quality, safety, costs and patient outcomes. Its cores include transdisciplinary clinical practice, academics, community education and EBP implementation science.
Ohio State’s Center for Transdisciplinary Evidence-based Practice (CTEP), which created the foundation for the Fuld Institute, has been leading the way in disseminating and teaching best practices to healthcare providers and academics since 2011.
A leader in driving evidence‐based decision making to transform health and improve lives throughout the world
We dream, discover and deliver a healthier world through transdisciplinary education, research and policy focused on evidence‐based decision making
- Improve healthcare quality, safety, costs and patient outcomes through ensuring all clinicians consistently have the tools to engage in evidence‐based decision making
- Work with faculty across the nation to integrate EBP throughout academic curricula to produce the highest caliber of evidence‐based clinicians
- Equip nursing and health sciences professional students with the needed skills and knowledge to implement and sustain EBP
- Provide policy‐makers and healthcare organizations the best and latest evidence to inform legislation and organizational policies to optimize system and health outcomes throughout the nation
- Conduct research on EBP, including the best models and strategies for translating research into real‐world practice settings to improve healthcare quality and outcomes
- Provide consumers with the best and latest evidence to make decisions that optimize their health and wellbeing
- Innovate new solutions to healthcare and health challenges based upon evidence
- Recruit and retain high quality experts in EBP to sustain the Institute’s mission and vision
- Partner with organizations, agencies and healthcare systems throughout the nation and globe to advance evidence‐based decision making
Message from Founder & Executive Director: Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk
Given the current challenging situation of our U.S. healthcare system with the number of errors, preventable complications and wasteful healthcare spending, there is an urgent need to accelerate and sustain evidence-based practice across the nation. Our Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare at The Ohio State University College of Nursing has a team of nationally and internationally recognized experts who are devoted to teaching and mentoring inter-professional clinicians and educators in EBP as well as working with healthcare systems to improve quality of care and reduce costs through EBP. Learn more about us and all that we can do to help you turn your dreams for a better healthcare system into reality!
Message from Chief Operating Officer: Lynn Gallagher-Ford
Evidence-based practice (EBP) is an approach to decision making that brings evidence, clinical expertise and patient preferences together to drive best patient care as well as clinician engagement and satisfaction. When organizations create cultures where EBP can arrive, survive and thrive… improved quality and safety are the outcomes. The Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare at The Ohio State University College of Nursing is 100% dedicated to making EBP possible and sustainable in your academic or clinical organization. Our offerings are completely customizable and we can design a plan that is a perfect fit for any organization, regardless of size, complexity or location. We look forward to working with you to make EBP a reality in your unique organization!