Applications are open and will remain available through May 11, 2021. Announcement of the four DNP postdoctoral fellows will be made at the beginning of June. The fellowship will run from July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022.
A qualified applicant is:
- a registered nurse,
- a graduate of an accredited DNP program in the past five years and
- willing to travel approximately four weeks in 1 week-increments during the 12-month postdoctoral fellowship period.
A qualified applicant has:
- a minimum of two years of nursing experience,
- a commitment to serving as a leader in EBP,
- demonstrated or emerging leadership experiences,
- supervisor/organizational support for fellowship requirements and
- funding for travel for required on-site experiences (either organizational or personal).
A completed application will include:
- DNP Postdoctoral Candidate Personal Information Form with responses to open ended essay questions
- DNP Transcript
- Letter of support from the sponsoring organization (see Support Letters Guide)
- OPTIONAL: Commitment statement from organizational mentor to support the DNP postdoc candidate (see Support Letters Guide)
This fellowship requires little to no out-of-pocket costs for the participant. Much of the work will be done either virtually or at the fellow’s organization, but may involve up to four one-week segments of travel across the year-long experience.
More details about this program can be found on the DNP Postdoctoral Fellowship Overview.