The most recent application window closed on March 31, 2023, at 11:59 pm EDT. This 12- month fellowship runs from July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024, with an orientation in June 2023.
Qualified applicants need to have earned a DNP, with preference given to those within the last five years, before June 30, 2023. For those candidates with a DNP degree earned more than 5 years ago, a special statement is required.
The announcements of past DNP postdoctoral fellows can be found below.
A qualified applicant is:
- a registered nurse,
- a graduate of an accredited Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) program with preference given to those earned in the past five years (i.e., you would need to have graduated between 2018 and 2023 for the 2023 application year)* and
- willing to travel approximately four weeks in 1 week-increments during the 12-month postdoctoral fellowship period.
A qualified applicant has:
- a minimum of two years of nursing experience,
- a commitment to serving as a leader in EBP,
- demonstrated or emerging leadership experiences,
- supervisor/organizational support for fellowship requirements and
- funding for travel for required on-site experiences (either organizational or personal).
A completed application will include:
- DNP Postdoctoral Candidate Personal Information Form with responses to open-ended essay questions
- DNP or DNAP Transcript showing earned degree (may be unofficial)
- Letter of support from the sponsoring organization (see Support Letters Guide)
- OPTIONAL: Commitment statement from organizational mentor to support the DNP postdoc candidate (see Support Letters Guide)
This fellowship requires little to no out-of-pocket costs for the participant. Much of the work will be done either virtually or at the fellow’s organization, but may involve up to four one-week segments of travel across the year-long experience.
More details about this program can be found on the DNP Postdoctoral Fellowship Overview.
*Consideration will be given to candidates who have graduated more than five years ago if the application is accompanied by a statement (100 word maximum) addressing why you chose to apply to the DNP Postdoctoral Fellowship at this point in your career.
If you have any technical questions regarding the submission, please contact Kara Prem at email@example.com.