About the Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
In 2016, The Ohio State University College of Nursing received a $6.5 million gift from the Helene Fuld National Health Trust to create the Helene Fuld Health Trust National Institute for Evidence-based Practice (EBP) in Nursing and Healthcare. The Fuld Institute is a national hub for the dissemination, teaching and creation of best practices to improve healthcare quality, safety, costs and patient outcomes. Its cores include transdisciplinary clinical practice; academics; EBP implementation science, partnerships, innovation and policy; and consumer education.
Ohio State’s Center for Transdisciplinary Evidence-based Practice (CTEP), which created the foundation for the Fuld Institute, has been leading the way in disseminating and teaching best practices to healthcare providers and academics for the past five years.
The Fuld Institute will provide nursing and transdisciplinary clinicians, leaders, academicians, and nursing and other health sciences students with the best and latest evidence to guide:
- the highest levels of practice to improve healthcare quality, safety, patient outcomes and costs;
- the best teaching strategies for integrating EBP into academic programs;
- practitioners seeking to build and sustain EBP cultures and environments within their own organizations;
- organizational and health policy;
- dissemination of best practices;
- research on the best strategies to rapidly translate effective research-based interventions into real-world clinical settings.